Our Philosophy & History
About Frank Parker Butchers – Voted Britain’s Best Butcher Shop
33 Abbey Green was built in 1829, it comprised a Butchers Shop, Slaughter House, Stables and Living accommodation. The property was bought by William Parker in 1896 who ran it with his wife until his death in 1930.
His son Frank, born 1897, then took over ownership of the shop and ran it with his wife, Nellie, and their staff until his death in 1952. Nellie continued running the shop with their daughter Joan and son Frank. This carried on until Frank was 21 and then he took over the business.
The business has continued to thrive and is still run today by Frank, together with his two sons, John and Tim, three of his grandchildren, plus an excellent loyal group of staff.
The shop has won many awards, 3 times winning the “Best Shop in Midlands” in 1990’s, and in 2000 won the ultimate accolade of the UK’s Best Butchers Shop.
Amongst other awards the shop has been renowned for their Famous Sausages, Award Winning Pies and Britain’s Best Burger.
With the latest refurbishment Frank Parker Butchers has certainly come into the 21st century. The clean lines and the contemporary colour scheme has now given the shop a whole new lease of life, which will hopefully carry this wonderful business on through many more generations to come.